To provide the means by which visitors to London can readily identify hotels, attractions, transport, travel providers and restaurants and bars that have made a firm commitment to reasonable and fair trading terms during the Olympic and Paralympic Games period of 2012.
All signatories to this Charter undertake:
- That their pricing to be offered during the period of June 1st to September 30th 2012 will be fair and reasonable. It will meet with regular year on year increases in that period, and/or will be transparent and not exceed prices offered in the current/existing fare range.
- That pricing for visitors should be clear and understandable – both at the venue or space of business or on-line.
- That staff should be briefed and able to advise on special offers and packages – which might mean cost saving for visitors.
- Not to enter into any cartel or similar arrangement to artificially inflate sector pricing levels for any goods or services.
- To accept that the advisory group of the Charter reserves the right to exclude from the Charter membership any company that, in its opinion and after a full audit, has not upheld the spirit, standards and/or intent of the Charter and the right to make such an exclusion known.
For more information see the information sheet below: